Tuesday, February 23, 2010

SSSC57, Fifth Avenue Floral

When I saw the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge this week, my first reaction was to run as fast as my little feet could take me in the opposite direction.  After all, it was a lazy Sunday morning when I checked Karen's blog and THIS is what I find:
Am I right or what?  Sundays are about reading the funnies and making a cool card inspired by Karen's sweet design.  Not about layers, and stripes and circles and who knows what else!  Then I saw a card that really got my creative juices flowing.  (I'd show it to you but Mr. Linky seems to have disappeared from the sweet sunday blog and I don't remember whose blog it was :(.  Basically each layer was a slightly different color pink that was sponged around the edges.  A really cool effect).  Anyway I decided to try the same idea, so I stamped my French Script background stamp onto Very Vanilla with Close to Cocoa then cut each strip and sponged Close to Cocoa around the edge of each strip.  I was so pleased with the look, then I decided to add the big rose from Fifth Avenue Floral, which I colored with my aqua painter and Close to Cocoa ink.  I thought it was looking good, then I put a big circle behind the rose and I think I wrecked it. 

But that's my card and I'm sticking to it.  Don't let this challenge get away.  Try it yourself!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

2 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

You didn't wreck it at all, it's GORGEOUS!! Thanks for playing along with the Sweet Sunday Sketch!

Kitty A. said...

I love your close to cocoa rose! The dark circle behind it is the perfect touch. Thanks for the inspiration.