Monday, July 12, 2010

Sage Shadow Flowers

I set out initially, to accomplish two things with this card.  The first was to use the recently retired Sage Shadow and Nouveau Chic designer paper.  (I'm sorry to see sage shadow go, but I've got a few sheets of cardstock left, so it should see me through for a while).  The second was to do the latest MOJO sketch. 

As you can see, I accomplished the first, but failed with the second.  I put the card together, had an oval on the front and even managed to squeeze in a flower in the oh-so-long-ago-retired Marigold Morning.  But the more I looked at it, the more I realized it was a horrible card.  I was not at all happy with it.  So as I contemplated what I was going to do I saw Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge and realized that the first layer was almost exactly the same as the MOJO sketch.  It was just reversed. 

So, once again I prayed to the glue-dot gods to let me take off the layers I didn't need and add the ones I did.  They pretty much complied with my request, but underneath that nesties Label Four is some ripped designer paper that you can't see!

And once again, I have to say how much I LOVE the new Cherry Cobbler.  It has just the right amount of pop for this card.

Thanks for stopping by and I  hope you have time to stamp today!

No comments: