Friday, September 24, 2010

TESC129 Happy Birthday

I know that the calendar says "fall," but here in Massachusetts it was like summer today.  I think it was about 80-degrees today (at least) and when I went for a walk on my lunch hour, it was absolutely spectacular!  Tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer!  I can hardly wait.  I'm not much of a winter girl, so anytime summer wants to hang around longer than usual is ok with me!  Now, on to the card...

For my card today, I turned to the Taylored Expressions sketch challenge.

I just love a card with some good geometric designs.  Well defined rectangles and circles just get my creative juices flowing.  My first idea with this sketch was to do a Christmas card, but I really wanted to use my Greenhouse Gala dp and that is anything BUT christmas-y.

I also attempted the rock-and-roll technique on the butterfly.  Now, I love rock-and-roll as much as the next gal, but I don't think I DO rock-and-roll all that well.  A little too much rock and not enough roll, I say to myself.  Practice, practice, practice.  Some day I'll get it right!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

2 comments:

Designbygutschi said...

Super simple - super perfect
Jutta

Unknown said...

I love this card... it is so goregous and the colors are perfect! We'd love it if you considering entering some of your beautiful creations in challenges at Papercraft Star, right now there is still time to enter our gift certification drawing as well! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/new-gift-certificate-drawing-for.html