Friday, October 15, 2010

Bells and Boughs Christmas

Ever since I saw this card I knew I wanted to CASE it.  I really like vintage Christmas (I haunt vintage Christmas flea markets whenever I can), so I was drawn to many elements of this card:  the sponged cardstock which gave it a sepia tone, that fabulous glass glitter (that I know from experience tarnishes and will then look very old), to that old retro-looking font on the sentiment.

For my card, I kept the focal point the same.  The stamped images surrounded by the glass glitter mirror Ilina's card.  But I changed the layout and designer paper.  This is the first time I've used the seam binding ribbon.  The past several weeks, I have read on many blogs how wonderful this ribbon was and I couldn't agree more.  The texture of it is somehow delicate without being flimsy.  It ties like a dream and the colors are to die for!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

No comments: