Wednesday, February 9, 2011

MOJO 177 and Colour Q 71

I have got to admit that the color challenge this week at the Colour Q was quite a challenge!

Don't get me wrong.  The pinks are all gorgeous, but it was difficult to incorporate them all into the same card and have them all seem different from one another!  And as if this challenge wasn't enough of a challenge, I thought I'd give this week's MOJO sketch challenge a go!

Triangles are just not my thing!  But I gamely gave it a try!

Now you see what I mean about all those pinks!  In case you're wondering, the long panel is Blushing Bride, the triangle and button (and highlights on the tissue paper flower) are Pretty in Pink and the "peace" arrow is pink pirouette.  I managed to squeeze in something new to me as well:  the adorable tissue paper flower. I originally was going to do a round piece of cardstock with a sentiment, but I thought this card needed some dimension, so I tried this multi-dimensional flower instead.  It's quite adorable in real life, but there's no way this card is getting into an envelope voluntarily!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

5 comments:

Mitra said...

I love what you did with both challenges! You make it seem so easy to use all the pinks in one card because they work so well together!
p.s. love what you said about getting it into an envelope - it happens!

Kim O'Connell said...

You nailed it! I thought this Mojo challenge was tricky, but I love what you've done with it!

Sylvia said...

A lovely card, Jen! Love your choice of words! Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge with us again this week.

Vicky Hayes said...

Stunning flower and I love all those pinks together!

Anonymous said...

I hope you win because as I scrolled down ALL of the entries I picked yours before I even knew it was yours! Awesome card Jeanete!!!!