Monday, March 7, 2011

PPA83 and a New Sketch Challenge

I have discovered a brand new sketch challenge.  As I was checking out the participants in the latest PPA challenge I was lead to the blog of Iwona Palamountain who just this Saturday started a new sketch challenge.  Well, being a sketch challenge junkie, I had to give it a try.  Here are the two challenges I tackled:

These colors are right up my alley.  They are all that are earthy and wonderful.  And when you scroll down the participants in the challenge on the PPA blog, I think you'll agree.  And it's no surprise that I'm a big fan of CAS cards, so it took no time for me to figure out that I would have to participate in the first Sketchbook Saturday Challenge.  Here's what I came up with when I put the two together:

Once I put this card together, I realized how fabulous these colors really are together.  I knew they were wonderful, but I think I under-estimated how wonderful they are!  I used a little bit of the Christmas Cocoa dsp from last year as my background and finished it up with the very pretty flowers from the Fast & Fabulous hostess stamp set.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

6 comments:

Katy said...

Love your card! Very elegant!

Cards by Gina said...

Beautiful card! Great use of the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PPA this week!

Unknown said...

your card is absolutely beautiful. I love the simplicity of it!!

Ann Schach said...

Stunning! Clean and classy! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

Vicky Hayes said...

Another stunner! I love the clean expanse of that DP and I've never thought of cutting these flowers out - they're beautiful!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Hello Jen, what an awesome CAS design! I love your approach to the sketch - I never seem to pull out a true CAS, and you did it beautifully :)
Thank you for joining me in my first Sketchbook challenge!