Tuesday, March 29, 2011

PPC53

The newest color challenge at the Picture Perfect Creations blog was very interesting to me, so I wanted to give it a try.
 
I thought I probably had some Chocolate Chip and Real Red designer paper in my stash that I could use to pretty up the card I had in mind and I was right.  No matter that the dp I chose was from a collection called "Ski Slope."  I've never subscribed to the belief that you have to use designer paper for the occasion that it was intended.  For example, something called "Ski Slope" should properly be used for a winter theme, or perhaps a holiday theme.  But as you can see, I've used it for something completely different.

My layout is a sketch challenge from the Clean & Simple blog, but (apologies to the folks at the Clean & Simple blog), I could not find the post for this challenge so that I could link to it and show you what the sketch looks like.  I can say that this was sketch 3 and that I've copied it quite faithfully.  My only regret here is that the sentiment and little star that I stamped in Chocolate Chip don't really show up on the photo.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

3 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

Jen, I have to tell you......I am consistently impressed with your takes on these color challenges! You do such a great job. I am a sketch -a-holic, but a color challenge phobic!

Lori Turner said...

Hi Jen! I love your card! Your card is simple, yet it packs such a huge WOW factor! Thanks for playing with us at PPC this week :)

Tamie said...

Jen your rock the clean and simple look! You make them look so fantastic. I enjoy seeing what you will create with our colors each week. Another hit in my books. Have an amazing week and thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at PPC.