Friday, April 1, 2011

Color Throwdown 135 and Sketchbook Saturday 4

This week, the color challenge at the Color Throwdown had that "wow" factor that I find hard to resist.

These colors are bold and dramatic, and I hoped that I could make a card that would do them justice.  I chose the Sketchbook Saturday sketch to help me along.

There was several things about this sketch that I liked.  I liked the big scallop circle.  I liked the swirly bit peeking out from the bottom, right of the scallop circle.  I liked the flowers that are a little off center.  I thought this was a good sketch to go with the color challenge, so I set to work.

Right away, I remembered that the Newsprint designer paper met two of the colors for the challenge.  The pattern was bold (like the color challenge), and I thought that if I used Real Red and Daffodil Delight, it would really make a statement.  In the end, I was not entirely sure that I liked the card all that much.  I think that what I pictured in my mind did not really translate to the real thing.  It's not bad, just busy.  And I don't usually do "busy."  However, the more I stare at it, the more I like it.  I like the pop of Daffodil Delight against the Basic Black and Very Vanilla, at least!!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

3 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

luv the boldness of the colors and prints...nice....have a great weekend!

enjoy *~*

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

What a fab card, Jen :) Gret bold colours, and I love how you used the newsprint background!

Vicky Hayes said...

You've made a very striking card here! The little swirl is the perfect little touch.