Monday, June 20, 2011

Paper Players 52

I've had my new Stampin' Up! In Colors for a couple of weeks now, but I have yet to use them.  I'm not sure why I haven't but when I saw the beautiful CAS sketch this week at The Paper Players I thought it was a perfect way to showcase a couple of those colors.


Oh, I so love a good CAS design!  A while back, I made a card where I did the same sort of outline with a sentiment stamped within the lines.  I like the look.  It's rather unexpected and creates a focal point on the card that draws the eye.  For my new colors I chose Lucky Limeade and Wisteria Wonder.  And in a little ironic twist, the stamped images here are from two retired sets Central Park and Best Blossoms and the soon to be retired So Green.

Of course, I am in raptures over Lucky Limeade, because it is almost as wonderful as the retired Kiwi Kiss.  Although nothing can replace Kiwi Kiss in my affections, I'm pretty sure that Lucky Limeade and I will become very good friends in the future.  And I was very happy to see the return of a lovely, soft purple color.  I remember being surprised last year when Lavender Lace retired because there was nothing even remotely close to it to serve as a replacement.  Wisteria Wonder is quite wonderful as far as I'm concerned!  It's kind of a smoky-lavender color and I think I've got some hand towels in my bathroom that match it!

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting.  I love to hear what you have to say!

10 comments:

Sandra Azzopardi said...

Such a beautiful CAS card, Jen. I lov ehow you have done the border. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

Vicky Hayes said...

It's great to see some of the new in-colours being show-cased Jen - and on such a beautiful card too! Love the border with the sentiment in it and the elegant simplicity of your design.

Kim O'Connell said...

Very pretty CAS card! All that white space makes me nervous and start adding stuff, but I always appreciate someone else's CAS cards! You are so great at that!

Lauri said...

This is a beautiful CAS card! Love the outline with the sentiment! Thanks for playing this week with the Paper Players!

Nance Leedy said...

A fabulous CAS card is like a breath of fresh air and this one is gorgeous Jen! I ADORE your hand drawn border with the sentiment tucked in the lines--just fab. And I share your sentiments about Kiwi Kiss--so happy to have Lucky Limeade now!! And so happy that you are a faithful stamper with The Paper Players! ((hugs))

LeAnne said...

I love this new color too! Love what you've done with the image and sentiment! Thanks for playing the sketch challenge at the Paper Players this week!

Ann Schach said...

Fabulous, Jen! I LOVE the plaid Lucky Limeade leaves! Absolutely delightful! Your framing of the central image and your placement of the sentiment are so clever! I LOVE it! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Jen, this is "CAS-tastic"! Love the design and the fabby color combo. THe hand-drawn frame is such a great detail. Thanks so much for playing along at the Paper Players this week! Hugs! :)

Cindy Beach said...

Your CAS card is gorgeous, Jen! I agree the hand drawn frame has a huge impact with this sketch especially with the lovely image details. Fabulous!

Kim S said...

I love your combination of stamps on such a striking CAS card. I couldn't agree with you more on your Kiwi/Limeade thoughts!