Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Freshly Made Sketches 3

Hello everyone!  Today is our third challenge at Freshly Made Sketches!  We've had such an unbelievable response to our clean sketch challenge.  It seems that a lot of people appreciate a clean card!  So, it's no surprise that we've got another great sketch for you to try this week.

The other day I said that I was going to try to use up the Christmas designer paper that I had in my stash rather than buying any new paper this year.  I'm committed to this challenge, so I dug deep into my stash for my card today.

For this card, I used a small piece of designer paper from a set called Wintergreen.  This set features colors like Always Artichoke, Certainly Celery, Sage Shadow, and Soft Sky (at least I think it's Soft Sky).  I saved what I had left of Sage Shadow specifically because I had this designer paper, so that's what I used for my card base.  The larger stamped image is the wonderful poinsetta stamp from the Bells & Boughs stamp set, which I stamped in Always Artichoke and colored with my Cherry Cobbler marker.  The two holly stamps are from the same set as well as the sentiment.

So now it's time for you to check out the inspiration from our Clean Team of Freshly Made Sketches designers.  This week the talented Nance Leedy is joining us as our guest designer.  Once you see what the Clean Team has created I'm sure you'll want to show us your creation too!



11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Cherry Cobbler looks so rich here against your background! Gorgeous Christmas card!

Tui Nathan said...

Fabulous Jen ... I love the little challenge you are setting yourself what a great incentive!
I really like your card ... it is a sort of soft, clean vintage style, which is so appealing to me and of course Cherry Cobbler is perfect in every way, love the boldness of the poinsettia flowers and the subtle lined images of the holly ... fabulous combination all round!!!

Nance Leedy said...

Gorgeous card, Jen...I love Sage Shadow with Cherry Cobbler--what a gorgeous color combination! I can't stop looking at it! Your coloring is fantastic and I love your use of the holly branches for the sketch elements--so clever. I was just considering this stamp set last night and your lovely card has put it on my order! You enabler, you! So happy to be stamping with y'all this week! ((hugs))

Rita W said...

I love seeing all the retired colors; I was too late in joining SU to get these beauties! Cherry Cobbler is perfect with them for sure! I should totally copy you and use my Christmas paper from last year; I have so much left. Very pretty card as always. :)

Aileen said...

Lovely traditional Christmas card, looks fab in these colours. x

Vicky Hayes said...

Gorgeous Jen! Love the way the holly echoes the spikiness of the flowers.

scrappingnana said...

Gorgeous card. Love your coloring and this stamp set. TFS

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

jen LOVE this card! Your colors are gorgeous together and the focal point is just gorgeous. Hugs

Lesley said...

Hi Jen,
I am finally getting around to everyone's card! Yours is gorgeous this week, that is one of my favourite stamp sets-I need to use it more...
Hugs,
Lesley

Notes by Nina said...

Very nice card, I love this stamp
set.

None None said...

Jen, your card is lovely! I especially love how you are using retired paper, what a great challenge! The poinsettias are just lovely and the red truly does POP!