Sunday, September 4, 2011

PPA109 and Paper Players 62

This week the challenge at Pals Paper Arts was a very interesting color combo.

And the challenge this week at The Paper Players, was to make a birthday card.  Since those cards always seem to be the first to disappear from my stash, I can always use another one of those.

At first I was going to make a card using flowers, but then as I was perusing my stamps I spied my French Foliage set and thought that Calypso Coral and Riding Hood Red would make some nice leaves.

I rock-and-rolled the leaves first with Calypso Coral then with Riding Hood Red on the edges.  Then I cut them out.  The top one is popped up on dimensionals as well as the round postmark stamp.  I briefly thought about embossing the sentiment with pewter embossing powder, but it's kind of hot here today and the thought of turning on my heat gun did not appeal to me!  Luckily my Basic Gray stamp pad is pretty juicy, so the sentiment stamped nicely on the designer paper.

Thanks for stopping by today!

13 comments:

Lesley said...

Oh man! You made that colour challenge look easy Jen! I struggled so much with my card for PPA! LOL! This is a great idea, love the Rock and Roll technique, so pretty! So happy you joined in our birthday challenge at the Paper Players.
Smiles,
Lesley

hollybeary creations said...

WOW this is gorgeous! I love how you used the colors with the leaves Jen. I think I like the Grey ink for you sentiment instead of Silver.

Julie Marshall said...

The rock 'n roll was perfect for those leaves. The colors are gorgeous together and blend together so nicely. I love the French Foliage set and it's perfect for a fall birthday. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful card, Jen! I love these colors together and the set that you used. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players and for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love your rock 'n rolled leaves in these colours Jen!

Erna Logtenberg said...

I LOVE your card Jen!!

Nance Leedy said...

Perfectly clean and gorgeous Jen! You really rocked those PPA colors with your rock'n'roll leaves. The clean layout really lets them shine! So glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

Monica Hornof said...

Love your leaves too! Super cute and as you said, perfect color combo for R&R technique :)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Jen, that color combo had me scratching my noggin but you rocked it with your fabulous style! Wow! Love the popped up elements, too. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

This colour combo didn't grab me ... but WHAT WOULD I KNOW??? Every card I have seen for this challenge is so fab! I am ready to admit I was wrong! You have nailed this one! Hugs xxaxx

Linda Callahan said...

This is beautiful! Love the trailing leaf!

Sandie Conner said...

Love the colors and the leaves, such a great fall card! Thanks for having fun with The Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

Stunning card---I think that was a VERY challenging color challenge, but you rocked it! LOVE the layout, too! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!