Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches 34

I think I mentioned the other day that the impending end of the current Stampin' Up! catalog has apparently got me feeling a little nostalgic about some other retired supplies I have in my stash.  Well, as I contemplated making my card for Freshly Made Sketches this week, I came across some retired designer paper called Berry Bliss.  And this lead me to one of the companion stamps sets for this paper called One of a Kind.  And this in turn lead to my card this week.



The DSP that I used primarily uses Close to Cocoa, but I didn't have any of that cardstock or ink so I used Chocolate Chip instead.  I did have some Purely Pomegranate so I used some cardstock and stamped the image a couple of times with that ink color.  One image was stamped directly onto to DSP and cut out to layer over the same image stamped onto some Whisper White.  The little Chocolate Chip center of the image was inked in Versamark then clear embossed.  And in the center is a Build a Brad. I wish those had never retired because I always thought that it was so cool to make your own brad!  Add a little Pretty in Pink taffeta ribbon and I was done!

Lesley has given us a great sketch this week.  It's got all kinds of shapes that I love to combine.  And the design team has got some FABULOUS cards this week to light your creativity on fire, so run right over to Freshly Made Sketches and check them out.  I hope you can find some time to join us this week!






7 comments:

Jen Timko said...

This was one of my favorite papers over the last few years! Loved it then, still do! You have made it look fresh and new with this card. Fantastic use of some old favorites!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Gorgeous as always Jen. Such a pretty colour combo!

Linda Callahan said...

I love pinks and browns! Beautiful flower as always!

Sue said...

Wow Jen this is stunning n just love the colours Luv Sue x

Tui Nathan said...

What a great card and great colour pallette .... love pinks and browns and love that dimensional floral image ... a pretty card with a classic style!

Karen Aicken said...

I know it's hard to say goodbye to some of the SU products, but I can't WAIT to see the new catty!
Wonderful take on the sketch, I love the brad in the center of your flower.
Cheers, Karen

Cindy Hall said...

Oh my gosh, Jen! This is so beautiful! I love the color combo and that flower is stunning!