Thursday, October 11, 2012

Create With Connie and Mary 222

This week at Create With Connie and Mary we have got a great color challenge.  I think a lot of people have strong feelings (and not all good ones) about Summer Starfruit, but I actually think it's a pretty cool color so I sort of made it the focal point of my card.



When I started perusing blogland for a great sketch to go with these colors, I stumbled on iSpy Sketches where they are having a Friday Free For All.  You can pick any one of their past sketches for your card and I found one that I thought would be perfect to show off my pretty Summer Starfruit DSP.  This is the first time that I've participated over there so I thought it was pretty cool that I got to pick my own layout!  I chose #20.

I stamped my tag with the text stamp from Daring Adventure in Chocolate Chip.  Then I stamped the leaves from Summer Silhouettes in Gumball Green over that.  I added the small flower from the same set stamped with both Summer Starfruit and Chocolate Chip.  A couple of Gumball Green circles for an accent and some Summer Starfruit ribbon across the top and I had a card that absolutely loved!  Isn't that great when that happens?

The DT at Create With Connie and Mary have got some great cards with these colors to inspire you so be sure to head on over there and check them out.  I hope you can join us!

12 comments:

Brandi said...

I love your card. The way you stamped the leaves over the text background is fabulous!

Kim O'Connell said...

That is one of my go-to sketches! Love that lay out! Love your take on it, Jen!

Rita W said...

LOL Boy am I feeling dumb this morning! Why didn't I figure out that the little stamp in Summer Silhouettes was for the flower center?! Now I might actually use those two more. :)

Such a beautiful card. I'm not a fan of the Starfruit, but you made it look good.

Melissa Davies said...

Great combination of the two sketches!Just lovely!

Deb said...

This is really stunning! I love the Summer Starfruit against the Chocolate Chip! And I love the layering of the stamps! Great job, Jen!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Just... wow!! :-)

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your card Jen!

CASTOWNE said...

I know Chocolate Chip is a Stampin' Up color, so I'm assuming Gumball Green and Summer Starfruit are too. They look gorgeous together! Your card is terrific...love that layout.

Lisa Martz said...

I see we both had flowers on the brain for this challenge. I love the use of the Silhouettes set with this layout! Such a pretty card! Great working with you on Create!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Jen, I really love all the little elements you added to your card to make all of your layers stand out!

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

What a fabulous card Jen. Great sketch and I love the print in the background.

Connie Babbert said...

I've loved Summer Starfruit...you see it all over in clothing and home decor! I love how you used that set, too!