Tuesday, December 11, 2012

colourQ 167

I was a little intimidated by the sketch this week at CAS(E) This Sketch, but I really wanted to challenge myself and see what I could come up with.  Well inspiration struck Sunday night when I sat at my stamping table and contemplated the great colors from colourQ that Arielle has served up for your challenge pleasure!  The two make beautiful music together, I think!



I know these colors are supposed to invoke images of snowmen and all other kinds of holiday cheeriness, but I needed a little break from Christmas so I hunted around in my stamp room looking for inspiration.  When what to my wondering eyes should appear but a stamp set called Inspired By Nature that has these wonderful grass images.

Once I stamped the grass I turned to Summer Silhouettes and stamped some little flowers in Sage Shadow, a wispy stem in Always Artichoke and topped it off with some little Real Red flowers.  I came this close to adding a sentiment to the bottom of the card but changed my mind at the last minute because I thought it would clutter up this clean and simple design.  Good decision, I say to myself!

So head on over to colourQ and check out the cards from our amazing design team.  There's an awful lot of inspiration to be seen over there so don't miss out!

8 comments:

Ardyth said...

This is gorgeous - so minimalistic - it really creates an atmosphere of airiness, and fun, with that little pop of red! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week, Jen!

Jen Timko said...

Wow, Jen! Amazing!! Love this!

Anonymous said...

So simple and lovely, and so CAS! Anita in France :)

CASTOWNE said...

You shouldn't be intimidated by ANYTHING, because you make great cards.

Patricia said...

very very very beautiful!

Kim said...

Your card is beautiful!! I love how nice and clean it is!!

maria f. said...

Wunnerful!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I would have placed you much higher on the CASE this sketch winner list, your card is wonderful!