Saturday, January 26, 2013

retro sketches 48

I can hardly believe that it's the end of January already.  I know it sounds so cliche, but where does the time go?  Saturday, of course, is the challenge reveal at retro sketches and this challenge marks the end of my time with the amazing design team over there.  

I'm so grateful that Arielle asked me to join her and the retro sketches team for the month of January.  So as a little celebration to myself I inked up a brand-new stamp set to create my card this week.



The challenge from Nacho Average Challenge provided these cool colors, which is shaping up to be a favorite of mine.


These colors are perfect for a valentine, but I went in a different directions partly because I wanted to use my cool Big Bang Theory washi tape.  And no, the washi tape has nothing to do with The Big Bang Theory, its just cool tape with complicated, impossible to decipher equations on it!  But since I'm a huge fan of that show, I've decided to rename my tape in its honor.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to head on over to retro sketches.  You'll be inspired for sure!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Big Bang Theory--so funny!! And, I love your card--especially your sentiment!

Unknown said...

Amazing as always.

Linda Callahan said...

You are totally awesome! And I love retro sketches - I have to start playing along!

CASTOWNE said...

Every time I see one of your cards with Washi tape, I tell myself to get out my unopened rolls and try it. I just LOVE what you do with it. This sketch and your colors are fantastic. Love Big Bang Theory too!

Tenia Nelson said...

What a super RAD card!!

Rita W said...

I'm going to have to quit visiting as it's getting expensive. :) Now I NEED some Big Bang Theory Washi tape!!!! Great card; you did an amazing job as their guest designer this month.

gobeagirl said...

Hi Jen, I was checking out this week's sketch and when I came across your card I just had to come over and tell you just how much I LOVE it! I for one love the color combo and man oh man I love that senitment on the front of your card. If you have a sec. can you let me know where you got it from? I also love the 'Big Bang Theory' as well and I think you are so spot on with that washi tape. :O) Ok, where is that from? I am sorry that I just discovered the retrosketch blog last week, but I will for sure be back to see more of your awesome cards. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Lisa G

Sharon Wheet said...

WOW! I love how you used your Washi tape. I'm a fan! I love the layout you worked with, and the whole look, is fabulous!
thank you for playing along with us @ NAC

Anne Hayward said...

Love, love, love this card! Perfection! Thanks for playing along with the Nachos.

Elena said...

What a gorgeous card! And I love the washi tape you used!

Jenni Hogan said...

Great card!!! Thanks for playing along with the NACHOS this week!!!