Wednesday, April 24, 2013

It's an Awesome Blossom

I got in my head the other day that I wanted to make a card using Wisteria Wonder.  And I wanted to know what colors looked best with it, so my friend Jen Brum consulted her color coach and told me that Elegant Eggplant, Lucky Limeade, and Cherry Cobbler were among the colors that complemented Wisteria Wonder.  So I sat at my stamp desk and tried to put them all together.


Oddly, for me, I didn't make this card for a particular challenge but rather to show off my favorite splotchy flower from the aptly named Awesome Blossom.  I paper pierced the Elegant Eggplant layer because I thought it looked so plain just by itself.  I poked some holes in the Lucky Limeade layer then hand sewed a little zig zag on it.  I added a little washi tape for fun and a sentiment from Petal Pushers.

I randomly stamped a few abstract splotches around my flower in Wisteria Wonder.  Then that got me thinking that a little Cherry Cobbler might look kind of interesting on this card, so I went over those splotches with a light stamping of the same image, a little off kilter.  At first I was pretty sure that I ruined it, but then it started to grow on me so I left it as is.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty!

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh this is fabulosu! Love those stamps.