Saturday, August 24, 2013

Yay!

Whenever I take a little stamping break it seems to take me forever to get my mojo going again.  It took me about two days to make the card here because I found myself wandering around my stamp room without a clear purpose!


In the end I combined the color challenge at CAS-ual Fridays with the sketch from Just Add Ink.  It's been ages since I've participated in either challenge so it feels good to join in the fun.  I'm pretty sure I over-did the orange splatters and I seriously considered doing scrapping this and starting again, but decided to leave it as is.  I wish I had listened to my first instinct!!


The weather here promises to be picture perfect this weekend so I hope to get outside and enjoy a little sunshine on my face.  Summer is winding down and it won't be long before we're all wearing sweaters again so I think I'll try and enjoy these warm t-shirt days while I can!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Gorgeous Grunge (SU); Scribble and Spill (Stamping Bella); Good Point (The Alley Way Stamps); Exclamations (CAS-ual Fridays Stamps)
Accessories:  washi tape

9 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

This is fantastic Jen!

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

Hi Jen, the orange splatters are certainly in keeping with the JAI sketch this week. What fun that you were able to combine challenges and play once again. Thanks for joining us at JAI. Carolyn x

Christine Blain said...

I'm glad you didn't give up on this card (or throw it away!), Jen - it's great! Love your take on our sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week. :)

Deb said...

Jen, this is beautiful! I love all of the splatters. I am trying to learn how to splatter. Not always easy. This is well done. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Nikki Spencer said...

Looks like your Mojo's working just fine Jen! Love your bright modern take on this weeks sketch, l'm a definite orange fan..:0) Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.

Anonymous said...

I'm so hearing you Jen - I do the same - wander round the craft room getting no-where.....but if you wander long enough you find your way. I love the splash of Green on your card. Chantell JAI

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I love this style! Fabulous card!Thank you for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is amazing Jen! Love your use of white space again (you make it look so easy!) Loving the splatters and the funky colours you've used! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

KimB said...

Love the 'yay' Jen it just perfect for this fun, colourful and splattery ;) card. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.