Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches 103

The color challenge this week at The Paper Players is gorgeous so I decided to use that with my card this week for Freshly Made Sketches.  The very talented Jennifer Brum is our FMS hostess and I absolutely love the sketch that she has created for us!



I used this beautiful dahlia stamp from Papertrey Ink.  It's basically a "three-step" stamping set and although initially I found it a bit tricky to line up the three images properly I finally figured out a way to do it that is nearly fool-proof.  Layering on those darker images gives the flower such depth that I was determined to get it right!

Summer has come back for a little visit today.  It's supposed to be at least 90-degrees which is definitely not typical for a September day in Massachusetts.  I love it and I hope to go out for a little walk with my sister on my lunch hour. 

The Freshly Made Sketches design team have got some great cards to show you this week, so check them out.  We'd love to see you in the gallery!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Off the Grid (SU); Delightful Dahlias, Embroidered Blooms (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories:  Enamel Dew Drops (Freckled Fawn); washi tape

11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This is gorgeous! That flowers packs such a wow factor!

Linda Suarez said...

I love this Jen! Please, tell me your trick! I got this stamp set a while ago and I haven't tried out the flower images yet.

Jen Timko said...

Wow is this pretty!! Love this Razzleberry flower!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful card today Jen, love the vibrant bloom! Yep we hit 96 here in Ohio yesterday and it will be 90 today ~ICK! But the cold will be with us soon enough I suppose. I hate to wear a coat LOL!!!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Jen! So clean, yet elegant!

Jen Brum said...

So pretty my friend! I love that Dahlia! The layered look of the flower is fabulous! Love those colours together!!!

Amy O said...

That dahlia is gorgeous! I love the background on which you placed it too.

LeAnne said...

Yee-ha! That flower is somethin' else! Really packs a punch...especially with those gorgeous leaves! Of course you know I love everything you do! So happy you were able to play with my colors this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Just gorgeous, Jen! That dahlia is just so bold and beautiful. Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

T said...

What a gorgeous card! Love those colors!

Cindy Hall said...

This is so beautiful! Those colors don't look like they would be easy to use, but you've created the perfect mix. Gorgeous!