Tuesday, November 5, 2013

colourQ 214

It's Tuesday and that means it's time for a new palette from colourQ!  This week the colours are inspired by these napkins.  For my card I didn't use a single stamp and instead decided to play with my sunflower die.



This week at Less is More the challenge happens to be a Dark Background With a Splash of Color so I thought these colors would be a good fit for that if I used Early Espresso as my card base.  Then I spied the sketch at CAS on Sunday and figured my sunflower die long with this thanks die would fit that too!  I love it when all these challenge worlds collide!


Before I go I'll confess that I had this card all put together before I realized that I forgot the white!  Never one to panic, I reached for some white sequins and added a few near the sentiment!  Sequins are awesome!

The colourQ design team have some great cards to inspire you so be sure to check them out.  I hope you can join us in the gallery this week!

Supplies:
Paper:  Early Espresso So Saffron, Dusty Durango, Bashful Blue
Accessories:  Sunflower die (My Favorite Things), Thanks Word die (Paper Smooches), Winter Blend sequins (Avery Elle)

10 comments:

Hannelie said...

Awesome card!I really love it!

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely fab! Love the sunflower and the touch of sparkle with the sequins!

karen h said...

Wonderful card! Great use of the colors!

Lisa Elton said...

Cute card Jen, love the chocolatey card base!

Rita W said...

I am in love with that die because of you! Another fabulous card with it.

Kitty A. said...

Darling card. Loved the products you used. Thanks for the inspiration!

anja curvers said...

This is simply awesome love it. Thanks for sharing it with us over at CAS on sunday.

Zw@@n said...

Stunning colours and your card is fab! Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

Darnell said...

I love that you are never one to panic, Jen, and ever resourceful! This no-stamp card is AWEsome!! Hugs, Darnell

Chrissie said...

Many apologies for my extremely late visit.
I was at a craft show on Friday and singing in a choral concert on Saturday!
This is simply classic, I love the pop of colour!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"