Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches 118

And we're back!  That's right after a little holiday hiatus, the gals at Freshly Made Sketches are back and raring to go with a brand new sketch and a brand new gal!  I am fortunate enough to be the hostess for this first sketch of 2014 and I kept it simple for you.  I love seeing how you all take a simple sketch and create something fantastic out of it!  We are also welcoming the newest member of the Freshly Made Sketches design team Karren Johnson!  We love her work and know that if you don't already, you soon will too!

I was oddly stymied as I attempted to make my card this week.  I started out making something altogether different with this sketch before I scrapped it, and made this using the colors from Dynamic Duos.  I dug out a favorite flower stamp and layered it over a favorite flourish die.  The other day I came across a die that I had forgot that I had and realized I probably have a lot of stuff that I don't use simply because I've forgotten all about it.  So I've started an unofficial crafting resolution to make an effort to use long-neglected supplies.  This flower and flourish fit that bill!

As you can imagine the Freshly Made Sketches design team are ready and raring to go with this first sketch of the new year.  They've created some awesome designs with very creative interpretations of the sketch so make sure you check them out.  I can't wait to see you in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Another Thank You (SU); Dream Big (Verve)
Paper:  Summer Starfruit, Garden Green, Whisper White, Patio Party DSP (SU)
Ink:  Summer Starfruit, Garden Green (SU)
Accessories:  Fancy Flourish die, Circle STAX, Pierced Circle STAX (My Favorite Things); Scallop Flowers die (Verve); Garden Green button (SU); crochet thread

20 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is gorgeous - love the colour combo and that delicate flourish die is lovely!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen this is fabulous, I love the yellow--so fun!

Linda Callahan said...

So pretty! I need to think spring these to get me through!

Cindy Lovell said...

So so beautiful,Jen!! I just love the colors...perfect to brighten someones day during this cold season!!

Julia Aston said...

This is a great sketch Jen! Your yellow card is like warm sunshine on this freezing cold day - pretty touches of green with the die cut stems!

JoAnn said...

So pretty. Love your use of the pretty flower and fancy flourish die. Thanks for joining us at the Dynamic Duos.

Karren said...

Thanks for the warm welcome to the FMS team - both here and on the FMS blog. I'm so excited! This card is a gorgeously bright and cheerful card. I love the circle elements behind your main image. Actually, I think I have that flourish die somewhere in my stash too :)

Deepti said...

This is gorgeous, love that flower n that flourish !!

Jen Brum said...

This card is so cheery Jen! I love that yellow! Makes me feel warm!!!! Love that flower and the flourish!!! Looks perfect! Loved the sketch this week!!

Happy Dance said...

This is just the right kind of card for so many of us to see right now. Such spring-like colors. The circles beneath the flower really draw your eye in. This is really lovely. Bev

Lisa Elton said...

Love this Jen!! It's so fresh and pretty, perfect pick me up for this COLD wether!!

Notes by Nina said...

Your card is so pretty Jen, I love the bright sunny colours.

Joni Andaya said...

This is beautiful Jen! Love the yellow :)

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hi Jen,

Well YOUR card is a real little bit of sunshine - I love the lemony yellow, it has such an impact at this dull time of the year.

Blessings, Barb

Amy O said...

So cheery and pretty! Love the flourish for the leaves. And I loved playing with this sketch!

TrishG said...

Really lovely! Great colors that seem to be not used so much. I love it!

karen h said...

Awesome card - love the colors and the dimension of the flower!

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

What a breath of fresh air, Jen. It feels so good to use those poor neglected treats we forget about- it's like getting them all over again. Fresh card!

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Jen, forgot to thank you for your inspiration at FMS and for playing with the Dynamic Duos this week as well!

Cindy Hall said...

This is SOOOO pretty, Jen! Love the bright colors, beautiful flower and pretty flourish.