Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches 120

Mother Nature has once again reared her ugly head here in New England and dumped a foot of snow in my yard.  This is the second time she's pulled this stunt this winter and I've just about had enough.  The only saving grace for both storms is that the frigid temperatures accompanying the storms ensure that the snow is light and fluffy which equates to easy to shovel.  That doesn't always happen around here so I'm thankful of that at least.  One of the weathermen on TV joked that he was going to use his leaf blower to rid his driveway of snow and I think that's a pretty nifty idea!

Since it's Wednesday you know that there's a new sketch up at Freshly Made Sketches.  This week Rita is the designer and she's incorporated the ever-popular flags in the sketch.  I've got a zillion flag dies but none of them allowed me to layer in quite the way I wanted, so I cut mine by hand.


The colors for this card were inspired by the inspiration photo at Fusion.  I love that color combo and have interpreted the colors to be Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray, Basic Black and Whisper White.


Once again the Freshly Made Sketches design team has created some great cards to help you get your craft on!  Hope to see you in the gallery this week!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Grand Peaceful Wildflowers (My Favorite Things)
Paper:  Basic Gray, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White (SU)
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray (SU)
Accessories:  Stitched Circle STAX, Circle STAX (My Favorite Things)


13 comments:

Sherrie M. said...

Such a gorgeous and elegant card!

Linda Callahan said...

Colors are wonderful! This is classic and elegant!

Karren said...

Love what you've done with those gorgeous colors, Jen. Even though this card has Daffodil Delight which is a bright color, it looks beautifully serene to me. BTW, everytime I visit your blog, seeing Sheldon makes me smile :)

Happy Dance said...

Such a beautiful card! Sometimes I think that gray and yellow are the most stunning color combination ever. You've expressed that perfectly here. So sorry about your snow. We've had big storms with cold and small snows in-between. Our snow removal guy DID use his leaf blower the other day...it worked perfectly. Not such a crazy idea! Bev

Darnell said...

Gasp! You cut your flag BY HAND?? Whatever has the world come to!! It really did make me chuckle; I'm so used to my dies now, I have forgotten all about cutting with those ... whaddu call them?

In all seriousness, Jen, your card is beautiful!! The colors look divine! Hugs, Darnell

Amy O said...

You are one skilled cutter -- I can't believe you hand cut the banner layers. You are definitely a woman of many talents, Jen. I love these colors together. Beautifully done!

Lisa Elton said...

So pretty Jen ,love the gray and yellow!! Hope you're staying cozy warm!!

Notes by Nina said...

Very pretty card, I love these colours.

Rita W said...

My favorite color combo AND the stitched dies? You are killing me! lol I love this! Those silhouette flowers are awesome! You are forcing me to need to win the lottery.

Greta said...

Beautiful use of the sketch & color combo--wonderful card!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow this is just stunning! I LOVE this gorgeous colour combo and your images are just the sweetest! (I can't even imagine how cold it is on your side of the world - it doesn't even get cold enough here to snow at all!) Stay warm!

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hello Jen

The soft yellow and grey make your card especially elegant. So Pretty!

Blessings,
Barb

Cindy Lovell said...

Amazing card,Jen!! Gray and Yellow is one of my most fav color combos!! Awesome!!!