Tuesday, February 11, 2014

colourQ 228

colourQ day has dawned bright here in Massachusetts!  Cold, but bright!  After all the reds and pinks I've been seeing lately it was lovely to take out some blues and get to work on my card this week.  I challenged myself a bit this week by trying to follow the Cardabilities sketch without strictly adhering to the layers in the sketch..  Instead I used ink to simulate some of those layers.



Instead of a circular layer at the bottom, I used a stencil and sponged the color on (part of my "homework" for my recent online card class in stenciling).  I tried to keep the stenciled images in the shape of a half circle then added some splotchy images in the colors of the challenge.  The Ruby Red butterfly adds a pop of color, I think, to break up all those blues.

And, of course, in true fashion, I put the sentiment in the wrong place.  I actually spent some time deciding where to put the stupid thing and if I had only looked at the sketch I would have known exactly where it goes!  

So where will all these blues take you this week?  Hop on over to colourQ to see what the girls have created over there then join us in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Textures 1, Textures 2 (Florileges Design); Slash Border (Impression Obsession); Botanical Silhouettes (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White Linen (Ellen Hutson); Neenah Solar White; Soft Sky, Ruby Red, Soft Sky DSP (SU)
Ink:  Soft Sky, Cool Caribbean, Pacific Point (SU)
Accessories:  Splatters stencil (Tim Holtz); Leanna Butterfly die (Simon Says Stamp); Pool Party baker's twine, Basic Pearls (SU); 

6 comments:

walchowDesign said...

Love the minty bg with the vibrant butterfly!

Happy Dance said...

Love that you stenciled the circular layer. Perfect butterfly. This is just gorgeous. Soft and lovely. Bev

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty card Jen, you did a great job with the sketch and I love the delicate butterfly!

Karren said...

Hee hee you and your sentiment placement. It's becoming your trademark LOL. Regardless, this is a gorgeous card - very clever to use stencils and stamps to mimic some of the panels on the sketch. I love all the blues with the pop of red.

Deepti said...

Oh Jen , I am in love with these kind of creations :) u rocked these colors!!

Sandi said...

Very pretty. That red butterfly just pops off the page. Love the stencils and stamps together.