Tuesday, April 15, 2014

colourQ 237 and Seize the Sketch 18

Hello, hello!  It's Tuesday so that means the big reveal of a new colour palette at colourQ and a new sketch from Seize the Sketch.  This week Arielle has found color inspiration in this gorgeous bag and our sketch is designed by Jessica!  So let's get to it.



I dipped into my very precious supply of Walk in the Park DSP for this card.  There's no sense having all this pretty paper if I can't show it off every so often (is what I said to myself as I put the paper under the knife).  Seriously, I've been on a mission to use up my existing stash of patterned paper FOREVER and I think it must be secretly multiplying when I'm not looking because I don't feel like I'm all that much closer to seeing the end of it.  So using a treasured bit of paper is really no hardship.  Not. At. All.

I took an inordinately long time arranging the white thread on my card.  I wanted it to appear like it randomly appeared and was not contrived in any way, which is actually harder than it looks.  I think I fiddled with it for about 10 minutes before I was satisfied that it didn't look like I spent 10 minutes fiddling with it.

So you know the drill.  My stamping friends at both colourQ and Seize the Sketch would love it if you joined us for these challenges.  Just hop on over to the blogs to check out the details.  And while you're there I guarantee that you will be awed and amazed at the cards the design teams have created.  See you in the gallery!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Subway Series:  Basics (Fresh Squeezed Stamps)
Paper:  Basic Gray, So Saffron, Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Walk in the Park DSP (SU)
Ink:  Basic Gray, Peach Parfait (SU)
Accessories:  Vertical Greetings II die (My Favorite Things); My Girl enamel dots (My Mind's Eye)

14 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love the color combination, the thread and of course those enamel dots!

~amy~ said...

What an awesome card, love the subway series by FSS! Awesome colors!

Lesley said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful and I love that thread accent! I know what you mean about using the paper...sometimes it is just so hard!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great card - I just love that twine

Anonymous said...

LOVE it! Great use of those colors and great use of the sketch!!! LOVE that stamp too!

LeAnne said...

LOL, I think your card is awesome....love that big thank you panel and it looks like your white thread is just totally random!!! SWEET idea!

Lori said...

Beautiful! Love the way you highlighted just one word in the sentiment and, of course, your fabulous thread accent.

Jessi Fogan said...

SO gorgeous, Jen! I love that one bright popped word, and the enamel dots & perfectly artsy thread - such an elegant card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love the subway art Jen!

Deepti said...

Oh my goodness !! This is shear perfection in keeping just the right balance of colors. This is so stunning :)

Katie Melhus said...

First this card is just lovely, I just love gray and yellow together and your patterned paper was sacrificed purely for good! Second: You made me LOL with your story about 10 min. of fiddling to make sure it didn't look like 10 min. of fiddling! Love it :)

Romaine said...

Yummy colour inspiration and love that linen thread loop!

Jo Walker said...

Just gorgeous! I love the colours x

Lori Turner said...

Gorgeous card combining both challenges this week, Jen! WTG! Love those enamel dots and twine! xoxoxo