Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches 137

This week the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches is hosted by little ol' me!  The funny thing is that when I got serious about making my card for this week I had no ideas.  Zero.  Zip.  Nada.  If nothing else, this tells you that I don't design sketches with a card already in mind!  As I sat staring aimlessly at my stash of supplies hoping for divine inspiration I somehow remembered this great DSP I had that my uber talented friend Karren used on her FMS card last week.  From there I made a leap of some sort to a sunflower and my card was born!



I think my using a flower was heavily influenced by the CAS floral challenge this week at The Paper Players and the flower challenge at CASology.  Sometimes I get something in my head and there's just no getting it out!  Luckily this time the inspiration paid off and I created a card that I like lots!


Be sure to check out the beautiful cards the Freshly Made Sketches team have created to inspire you this week.  Then break out your own supplies and join us in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Textures 1 (Florileges Design); Signature Greetings (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Marigold Morning, Old Olive, Whisper White, Parisian Breeze DSP (SU)
Ink:  Crumb Cake (SU); Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories:  Sunflower die (My Favorite Things); Stitched Leaves die (Lawn Fawn); Iridescent Chocolate sequin (Ellen Hutson)

23 comments:

LeAnne said...

I have always loved this flower die and you've used it perfectly with your sketch! Of course, that sentiment is wonderful too!

Linda Callahan said...

I love the sunflower! Pretty card! And cool sketch.......ummm I may have taken some liberties with it ;)

Lisa Elton said...

CUTE Jen, love the flower!!

Amy O said...

That sunflower does indeed make me smile. And so does your sketch! Beautiful card, Jen!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card and great sketch. You did good. I love that flower die also. It looks so pretty.

Cindy Lovell said...

Beautiful card and Sketch Jen!! The flower looks so so pretty and i love the sentiment stamp!!

Happy Dance said...

Well done! Sometimes all it takes is a bit of paper or an embellishment to get the ball rolling. This is one sweet card, Jen. Love it. Bev

Lesley said...

Sunflowers/daisies make me happy therefore your card makes me happy. I love it, Jen.

joeytipping said...

I love your card! Think I'll try it myself. I still have some Parisian Breeze hanging around and can find some other flower. Love that punchy yellow sunflower. First time visiting your blog....you are very talented!

Karren said...

That DSP goes so well as a feminine card as well - love that paper! This is a fabulous card and such a good sketch with lots of space for creative freedom.

Anna said...

Hi Jen. This is the first time I have visited your blog, I like your beautiful cards, they are so nice & clean looking, less is more, just lovely.

Deepti said...

This is so pretty , colors go so perfectly well :)

Jen Timko said...

Well, I would have thought you planned the sketch wit this in mind. It is so fantastic!!! Great sketch, too!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen I love your card and the awesome sunflower! Thank you so much for sharing with us at CASology!

Joyce said...

Such a wonderful card. that sunflower really steals the show. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

OH Babs said...

Sometimes we fret about the card and then it comes together - that is good and so is your card.

Patti said...

oooh! wow I love it!! The sunflower is perfect. No one would ever guess the mojo was moving slow. : )

GREAT sketch!

Patti

Rita W said...

You had me at sunflower. I LOVE this card!

(adding sunflower die to growing list of things I want because of Jen...)

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

GREAT sketch for me this week! I had the perfect new stamp set! You sure did a fab job with it in the end...love the color combo you ended up with! :)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Jen, sunflowers always make me smile! I love this card! Thank you so much for joining us at the Paper Players this week! :)

Cindy Hall said...

I love this super clean and super fresh look! This card is guaranteed to make anyone smile! Love the colors/papers and the gorgeous flower!

Jen Brum said...

Oh, I love this card Jen! I love that flower! it's super cute and so cheery! Love the DSP and that crumb cake background! Thanks for the fabulous sketch this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

A beautiful card Jen (I love the sunflower!) and a great sketch this week - so many possibilities!