Sunday, June 8, 2014

Simplicity for Sketchbook Saturday and Fusion Challenges

After struggling with making a card the other day I was anxious to return to my stamp room and make sure that I still knew what I was doing in there.  I had a slow start but I'm pretty happy with my card.  Yay me (!).



The sketch from Sketchbook Saturday gave me my layout and the Fusion inspiration photo gave me the colors for my card.  I struggled a bit finding just the right shades of orange but I made do with what I had.  Maybe I need to go ink shopping!

Finally after weeks of waiting, summer-like weather has found me!  Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous and after running some errands I parked myself on the patio with a book and relaxed for a couple of hours.  Today is going to be just as wonderful so I'll finish planting flowers and then I'll be getting down and dirty with some weeds!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Distressed Background Blocks, Jumbo Abstract Art (My Favorite Things); Esther's Garden (Art Gone Wild); New Day (Precious Remembrance)
Paper:  Classic White (Flourishes); Solar White (Neenah); Tangerine Tango (SU)
Accessories:  Lemon Drop Sprinklers (October Afternoon); Notable Cute Enamel Dots (My Mind's Eye)

14 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Wow a new favourite.

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty collage of elements and pretty colors too!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Gorgeous collage!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Oooh I LOVE this, so soft and colorful, and YES great Sketchbook Saturday Design!! Thanks for joining FUSION, I so love this MUCH!

---It is also PERFECT for Paper Crafting Challenges current challenge -STENCILS, you have an awesome chance at winning a free online card class, I hope to see you link up Jen, and good luck!

Diane Jaquay said...

Such great composition on this card, Jen, LOVELY work!!!

Happy Dance said...

Yay!, is exactly right! Love this! Those flowers are so pretty, and Love the background. This is really gorgeous. Bev

Victoria Lavender said...

So pretty! Love those colors. It's a Summery feelin' card. Cheers Victoria Lavender

Dyane said...

Oh How gorgeous Jen!!!:) Love this card!

http://www.preciousremembranceshop.com/blog/

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful design on this Jen! thanks for joining us at Fusion this week!

Deepti said...

This is gorgeous, Love the stamping in the BG and the raised pink flower :) Thank you for sharing with Fusion!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

This card is like a ray of sunshine, super lovely and cheerful!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

So fabulous Jen! I love the design and use of the color! Well played on both challenges!

Darnell said...

YAY, you, Jen! Congratulations on the well-deserved HM Honor from FUSION for this fantastic card! You haven't lost your creativity! I hope you are still enjoying the great weather!! Hugs, Dolly

Anni said...

Wow, this card is so beautiful! The coloring and the color combo - you rocked it!
Anni