Monday, December 1, 2014

Ho Ho Ho

Today is officially the last day of my vacation (insert loud sigh here).  It's been a fun and relaxing two weeks, but all good things must come to an end.  I was quite prolific in my stamp room yesterday and today I'll show you the first of what I made.  You'll have to come back on Tuesday and Wednesday to see what else I got up to {wink}.


I've really been trying to use some patterned paper lately, especially since two small pads of paper jumped into my cart when I was at TJMaxx recently.  In order to do all this paper justice I need to make cards with layers.  Since I like to start my cards with a sketch I've been searching sketch challenges for ones that have some layers.  For this card I chose the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge and added in the tic-tac-toe challenge at The Paper Players.  (I did the left column of Tree, Patterned Paper and Star).


P.S.  Any Walking Dead fans out there?  I'm still in a bit of a daze after last night's mid-season finale.  How about you?

Well that's it for me - I'm off to the grocery store.  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Modern Christmas (Clearly Besotted); Santa's Greeting (Close to My Heart)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir); Solar White (Neenah); Smokey Shadow, Ripe Avocado (Papertrey Ink); Riding Hood Red (SU); Heidi Swapp patterned paper (there's no name on the pack - grrr)
Ink:  Riding Hood Red (SU); True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories:  Pierced Fishtail Flags STAX, Fishtail Flags Layers STAX (My Favorite Things); gold embossing powder

8 comments:

Karren said...

Great job on using up some of that patterned paper - these patterns go together well.

laurie said...

This is a great sketch to use your patterned paper..love how you stamped on it,too. Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

Lisa Elton said...

Great use of your DPs Jen this is terrific!

Betty Wright said...

This is too cute! Love the patterns and the design! Great Christmas card!

Deepti said...

Fabulous layers :) Love this beauty

Nance Leedy said...

Love the clean and modern feel of this one, Jen. Great patterns and I love that big sentiment stamped on the dp. So glad you could join us at the Paper Players!

stampwithsandy said...

Great card, Jen! Love your take on the sketch, the patterns, and the great sentiment and tree. So glad you shared this with us at The Paper Players!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Great card Jen - perfect use and mix of all those patterned papers. I love the stamp too! Thanks for joining us for tic-tac-toe over at The Paper Players this week!