Tuesday, April 26, 2016

colourQ 339!

Here we are at Tuesday again and, of course, that means it's time for a new palette at colourQ.  This week's color combination always makes me think of a more masculine card and so that's what I did.  I'm pretty sure that I've made variations of this card before with similar colors, but I just love how these bold colors lend themselves so well to a bit of a color-block design.



I used the April sketch from Viva la Verve as my layout and gave the two background layers some texture with this awesome new embossing folder that I got recently.  The die cut sentiment was cut three times and glued together for a bit of additional dimension.


Be sure to pop on over to colourQ and check out these gorgeous colors and the inspiration from the design team.  It's our last week that design team member Amy will be with us so be sure to pop on over to her blog and give her a little colourQ farewell!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Painted Sayings (Whimsy Stamps)
Paper:  Sweet Tooth (My Favorite Things); Pear Pizzazz, Marina Mist, Night of Navy, Tangerine Tango (SU)
Ink:  Night of Navy (SU)
Accessories:   Weathered embossing folder (Taylored Expressions); Wonderful Words Birthday die (Papertrey Ink)

7 comments:

LeAnne said...

Ooooh, love these colors and your bold take on them, Jen! Hope I can play along....so many challenges, so little time!

Happy Dance said...

Very cool embossing folder. And these colors do lend themselves perfectly to a more masculine card. Love your design; it's a great take on the Verve sketch. Awesome card! Bev

Lisa Elton said...

Perfect masculine card Jen and a cool design!

Petra Swart said...

You achieved a wonderful masculine look here, Jen!!! I really like how you used the colours and that EF adds such great texture!!!! So lovely!!!
Have a great day!!!

Karren said...

Wonderful masculine card! Love those wide stripes - so dramatic!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a cool card! Love those big bold stripes. Thanks for joining us at Viva la Verve!

Sylvia said...

A very fun card, Jen! Thanks for your kind words on my blog! Wish you were near so we could stamp together! Have a wonderful weekend!