Tuesday, August 23, 2016

colourQ 356!

There are some beautiful colors this week for newest challenge at colourQ.  But in the interest of full disclosure I had a hard time putting them together.  I had several different cards started using some current sketch challenges but I just couldn't make the colors work.  Then I started looking through some old cards of mine and found one that I could CASE.



Most of the time when we think of CASE-ing a card it is someone ELSE'S card.  But when I'm stumped I often go through my own library and find a card that I particular like and use it as my launching point for a new card.  Sometimes it's the colors and, more often than not, it's the layout I'm after!

In today's example the element I copied from myself was the square layer with the corresponding little DSP squares which provided the color commentary.  Then I used some leafy die cuts to create a CAS focal point.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to play along with us at colourQ this week!

Supplies
Stamps:  Summer Garden (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir); Soft Sky, Old Olive, Melon Mambo, Blackberry Bliss (SU)
Ink:  Blackberry Bliss (SU)
Accessories:  Physalis die, Feuilles Tropicales die (Simply Graphic); Wonky Stitched Square STAX (My Favorite Things)

9 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

LOVE those colours together Jen! Great composition! Have a great day! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Patti said...

Oh I just LOVE this design!! brilliant and such a sweet take on the inspiration!

Patti

Linda Callahan said...

Funky and fun!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the way you layered this together Jen!! You and Tracey are going to force me to buy that wonky frame die, enablers LOL!! I like that pretty pink leafy die!

Karren said...

Apart from re-using favorite layouts, I never think to CASE my own cards. Doh! This card is totally gorgeous and a great use of the challenge colors.

Deepti said...

Oh my you rock the colors always, such a lovely design

Silke Ledlow said...

So pretty...love all the leave dies!!!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow Jen! You made such a great use of these dies ! I absolutely love your CAS focal point !

Sylvia said...

What a clever idea, Jen, love this look ! Great work with the dies1