Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches 297

It's Wednesday so that means there's a new sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches.  This week, yours truly is the hostess!  So let's get to it, shall we?


There's a lot of Christmas in July going on right now.  Have you noticed?  I've already taken advantage of one Christmas themed stamp sale and obviously had Christmas on the brain when I sat down to make my card this week.  Of course, that's the theme at CAS-ual Fridays right now and although the color challenge at Sunday Stamps is called a "salute to summer" it put me in mind of snowflakes!  Go figure!


I took the liberty of adding some sparkly bits to my card because the color of that glimmer paper is pretty close to the neutral on that color challenge.  Plus who doesn't love some sparkle on a Christmas card?  The snowflake is actually one that is layered with three different die cuts.  The bottom is probably my all-time favorite and it is followed up with a vellum one (that is hard to see) and a wee sparkly one on top.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you can pop on over to Freshly Made Sketches and take a look at our challenge and the design team cards.  I hope we'll see you in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Tis the Season (Essentials by Ellen)
Paper:  Soft Stone (Papertrey Ink); Midnight Muse, Silver Glimmer, Baja Breeze, Vellum (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Real Red (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories:  Snowfall/Speckles embossing folder (Tim Holtz); Lindemon Snowflake die (Memory Box); Funky Flakes die (CAS-ual Fridays Stamps)

10 comments:

Karren said...

Love your sketch and your snowflake Christmas card is gorgeous. Makes me feel cool, which I don't need at the moment with it being winter here, but wonderful CAS details and design.

stampwithamyk said...

So pretty! Love the lacy snowflake die cut and your touch of glimmer paper is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Linda Callahan said...

Fun sketch! And you always get a jump start on your Christmas cards! Sweet card with its pretty snowflake and touch of glimmer!

Lisa Elton said...

This is charming and I love the little bit of sparkle!

Marcia said...

Gorgeous!! Love all the colorful and sparkly layers. Thanks for playing along over at the Casual Fridays Challenge.

Amy O said...

I love the little peeks of silver glimmer paper on this beautiful card! You are always an inspiration to me to start making Christmas cards early. I think I just need you to give me a kick in the pants as well!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a gorgeous card Jen! I love the blue and silver together! Such a pretty Christmas card! Thanks for a great sketch this week!

Narelle Farrugia said...

So very pretty! I love your choice of blue papers for Christmas - I might have to borrow this colour combo for my next Chrissy card!

Tasha Vovchuk said...

That's a pretty card, love the touch of silver glitter in it ;) Thanks for joining our Christmas in July here at CASual Fridays!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautifully clean and elegant! I love the subtle sparkle peeking out. Thank you for joining Sunday Stamps this week.