Thursday, October 19, 2017

CAS(E) This Sketch 244

Every where I look I see autumn or Halloween themed cards.  I've made a few of those lately myself but today I've got a Christmas card to share.  The calendar reminds me that Christmas is fast approaching and that I need to get a move-on with my Christmas card stash.  So here's another one for the books. 

The latest sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch gave me my layout.  Those layers had me stymied for a bit but I worked out a template using some scrap paper and once that was done this card went together very quickly.



Now, that bottom layer is actually some very pretty glitter cardstock that, in real life, is subtle shades of gold with some silvery-gray streaks shot through.  My photo makes it look very un-inspiring.  It's much prettier in real life.  The poinsettia is a new die that I got recenly and I love how it looks but it didn't come with leaves so I improvised with a die cut and corresponding stamp from another brand's poinsettia.  The sentiment was embossed on a vellum layer.

In an amazing coincidence I found out after I made this card that there is a tic-tac-toe challenge going on at Stamp Ink Paper and one of the verticals is Die Cut, Embossing, and Vellum.  Ahoy!  My card has all three!


Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you'll check out our newest challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch.  We love to see you in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Jingle All the Way (Technique Tuesday); Pretty Poinsettia (WPlus9)
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Wild Wasabi, Poppy Parade, Hello Honey, Vellum (Stampin' Up!); glitter cardstock (Reflections)
Ink:  Evergreen (Alentew); Copper Delicata (Tsukineko)
Accessories:  Layered Poinsettia die (Penny Black); Pretty Poinsettia die (WPlus9); copper embossing powder

8 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Oh Jen Mitchell I love this! Your design elegantly swooshes across the card!

Lisa Elton said...

This is the perfect mix of traditional elegance meets modern! Fabulous card Jen!!

stampwithamyk said...

Oh wow, that's stunning! I love your poinsettia and the sentiment placement is just perfect! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Ink Paper, hope to see you again soon!

Nora Noll said...

This is so elegant!! Love the vellum and that pretty poinsettia!

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

Fabulous card Jen. I really like the layout as well & works so well with the Wood dsp and the pointsettia is stunning. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper! Carolyn xx

Gingin said...

Very pretty card Jen! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper :)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! That sketch had me running for the hills, but you always do such a great job on them! Beautiful poinsettia! Thanks for sharing this with us at Stamp Ink Paper this week!